Re: [NTLK] Best PIM?

From: hellsop_at_ninehells.com
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 14:33:37 PDT

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 05:04:32PM -0400, Rurish wrote:
> Hey I warned you people- Im new and bound to ask dumb questions. =-)
>
> I have been playing with nsync to sync the mac with the newton but it
> fails on the calendar.
>
> I was thinking maybe there was a different calender application for
> the newton that would work better and maybe I was in the dark about it.
>
> So - to rephrase....
>
> Is there a way to sync ical with the newton and have the newton
> remind me when a appointment is approaching? (like ical does)

The way to sync ical is to fix/improve nSync. The Mac iCal software...
changed... fairly recently, and nSync hasn't fully caught back up
yet. The newt will provide appointment alarms using the base calendar
interface. See the Alarm setting on the meeting detail slip.

--
Science is like sex:
 sometimes something useful comes out, but that's not why we're doing it.