[NTLK] [OT[ Re: Tiger Direct Hard Drives

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 16:43:21 PDT

On Jul 12, 2005, at 8:36 PM, Betty wrote:

> Oooops, sorry. Go to:
>
> http://biz.tigerdirect.com
>
> Search for lacie.
>
> It's the eighth item on the first page of the results.

Well, I went for this deal after Sonny brought it up the first time, I
thought it was bunk (too good to be true), but people actually got
there goods...

When Betty pointed it out again (another round?) I immediately ordered
a 500G drive.

This seemed to process normally. I got an email saying it would be
shipped via drop shipment (I guess Tigerindirect would be a better name
for them).

So, I patiently waited and watched while the status of my order didn't
change for a couple of weeks... Then I got an email with a UPS
tracking #.

This is the good bit.

I watched as the package moved cross country to me, and reached Redmond
WA (across lake washington from Seattle).

This morning when I checked at 9:00AM PST, UPS tracked it as "Out for
delivery". I checked at about 2:00PM and the status was "Exception:
Returned to shipper".

DOH!

After three calls to Tigerdirect (one hangup on there part), I spoke to
a gentlemen who informed me that the item in question had been drop
shipped from the distributor (Techdata? Ingram?) in Georgia, and that
they (the shipper) had recalled it upon realizing the pricing error.
They offered it to me at cost $3hundred something...

If the truck had already left it here... My lucky day.

They gave me a $25.00 credit and apologies for the inconvenience.
Although I have a feeling it was only because I lucked out in getting a
guy on the phone that really helped. He wasn't the guy that answered
the phone if you know what I mean.

Anyhow, I bet somebody on this list will get luckier...

Marty