Re: [NTLK] Trouble syncing via Basilisk

From: hellsop_at_ninehells.com
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 10:08:11 PDT

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 06:24:32PM +0200, Marcus Hammerschmitt wrote:
> I just found out I can even install packages, when originally stored
> in .sit-Format in a Windows folder accessible to Basilisk and expanded
> via Stuffit-Expander to a folder on the emulated Mac. But I can't
> install .pkg-Files which where retrieved originally in an Windows-ZIP
> archive. Can "Windows-adapted" .pkg-files be converted somehow so that
> they are accepted and installed via the emulated NCU on Basilisik?

No such critter as a "Windows-adapted .pkg-files". There are only
package files that don't have their type and creator set correctly. You
can hit the archives to find out how to fix this.

> Last question for now: Is it a security issue to let Basilisk read
> and write files in Windows folders? Could a bug on either side
> mess up my disk?

Could, but I haven't seen it happen. If there's going to be a problem,
it'll probably be on writing to the Windows side from Basilisk, and you
probably don't need to do that.

--
19. I will not have a daughter. She would be as beautiful as she was evil, but
    one look at the hero's rugged countenance and she'd betray her own father.