Re: [NTLK] Concerning Apple's Switch to Intel Chips...

From: Goodwin, Greg P. (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 06:25:45 PDT

Greg Goodwin
@><-- >------------------------
=20

-----Original Message-----
From: MKow1234_at_aol.com

Didn't IBM sell the hardware-building portion of their business to the=20
Chinese recently? Maybe Jobs wants to help keep a few more (ahem) jobs
in the US? =20
I'm not sure how much Intel work is done domestically, though I believe
they=20
have a large presence in southern California. The Chinese government is
truly=20
evil -- perhaps as evil as the US government in some ways? If we can
keep them=20
from sucking away any more jobs from the West, its a good thing (This is
from=20
the perspective of a resident of Michigan, a state with unemployment
rates=20
ranging from 7 - 12%, depending on what area of the state you look at).

Oh, uh, by the way, my ancient IBM ThinkPad 600X and my equally ancient=20
eMachine eMonster 550 both run on Intel P3 chips. :O) =20

        Definitely agree about the bit with China (my apologies of
course to anyone in China.)

        Yeh, forgot about IBM selling the hardware division. Wonder if
we could confirm if that had an impact or not.

        Doc Clu