Re: [NTLK] Concerning Apple's Switch to Intel Chips...

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 07:06:17 PDT

As an Asian on this list I think you've got to step back when speaking
of such large broad generalizations in these terms. The current
government of China may not be what you think is right but I know
personally that there are people like my dad who are involved in
trying to change different aspects such as labor rights in China...
these items like the Berlin Wall will take time and people's
energies...

This current situation is a melting pot of the global economy.
Companies are looking for ways to earn more, spend less and now it's
more evident it's going global and hitting the home here in the USA
much harder.

Apple is a company and like all companies - they need to make sure
they are here tomorrow and afterwards... We knew already that OSX was
x86 capable... they just stopped the official public relations of it's
existence... just like the Newton which was developed with two
separate processors concurrently (correct word?). This made sure it
got to market on time. One thing we will likely see is that there will
be something done in the design of the Intel Mac boxes that only Apple
will have to ensure that they get their Hardware earnings as they have
done so far with their Mac licensee previously...unless there is
something they will do in software...

--=20
God bless,

Sonny Hung