Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V5 #322

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 17:39:05 PDT

On 6/27/05 8:10 PM, "newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net" <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
wrote:

> Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:07:45 -0400
> From: Jonathan Ramos <imagraphicstudios_at_earthlink.net>
> Subject: [NTLK] Incredible use of Inkwell and new calculating methods...
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> Anyone seen this yet?
>
> Using a new a calculating method with Inkwell, someone has come up with
> this little gem.
>
> I'd like to see if it's possible to see this on a Newton.
>
> Check out this sample movie.
> http://www.adlam.plus.com/will/downloads/RealCalculator2.mov
>
> Here's the original news article I found it from.
> http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7583
>
> Later,
> Jonathan
\
I know I haven't posted in a while, having transitioned completely to a Sony
UX50 Palm PDA.

This can be done - in a more simplified manner - on a Newton now. Someone
whose name escapes me (Iambic?) had software that would evaluate equations

2 + 4 = (would solve as '6')

sqrt 64 (solve as '8', I think you had to tap "Assist")

etc.