[NTLK] [Q] Tibet & RoboPicture?

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 12:35:00 PST

Dear all,

I've just stumbled about Tibet and RoboPic... While I have some vague
notions what the do or not, a bunch of the websites that contained the
files and manuals (if there ever were any) seem to be dead and gone
(and I haven't read Daniel in quite a long time).

What I'm trying to do:

-- Get HowTo-pages up on the Wiki (linked off
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/DigitalPhotography) --
basic structure completed.

-- Hustle all of you who know something about this topic to contribute
any bits of your wisdom that you might want to share. Those pages are
there, they need checking and completing from people who know what
their talking about (right -- that's *not* me).

-- List all compatible and confirmed incompatible cameras.

-- Get all you camera owners to check if your current digi camera is
listed or not, and if not, try if it works and then post if it does ot
not (as in:
Update this two-year-old and somewhat outdated data... Hey, Grant
wanted to update the FAQ in October... That was October 2003, buddy!)

-- Find out if there are any splashproof-to-waterresistand digital
Cameras that work with Tibet and RoboPicture...?

-- Learn which other packages might also be useful for using a Newton
in digital photography/imaging.

-- Get somebody with Japanese skills to translate this
http://www.factory-1987.co.jp/Factory/QV-Lab_Folder/QV-Lab.html page
for
us... What it do? It any good? Can I kick it?

-- Encourage people to use this stuff, and maybe encourage renewed
development (e.g. for increased range add Bluetooth-remote control
option to RoboPicture -- I *need* 100 to 150 m remote range for my
purposes...).

-- Make this world a better place. Whatever.

Any help and feedback much appreciated. Let's hear from you.

DJV. (who doesn't even *have* a digital camera... But nevertheless
kicks hard for the righteous folk of Newtonia! Match my stride, do
something for the Newton TO-DAY!)

P.S.: I'm in the market for buying a battery holder for MP2k. And maybe
even a pre-owned Newton-compatible digital camera. Reasonable offers
appreciated.