Re: [NTLK] Syncing eMate with eMac

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 09:44:25 PST

On Mar 16, 2005, at 8:09 AM, Grietje Keller wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I switched from an iMac (os9) to an eMac (osX) and I installed my
> keyspan on
> the eMac (i hope correctly), and now I can't connect/backup anymore my
> eMate
> anymore. I tried first to go into classic mode and use the same
> software
> (Newton Connection Utilities) as on the iMac, but that didn't work.
>
> Then I downloaded NewtSync, but that doesn't work either. It does see
> my
> Keyspan, but never reaches my eMate.
>
> I hope someone can give me some tips?
> I'm rather a newbie at OSX.

There is an issue if both drivers (OS9 and OSX) are installed. Did you
install in both systems?

There is apparently a trick that involves unplugging the keyspan and
then replugging it just as classic as starting up, which allows it to
grab control of the adapter and communicate via NCU....

Also, did you install NCU from it's installer? Drag copying only the
program won't work since it has a bunch of communication extensions.

Marty