Re: [NTLK] [OT] Tablet in OS X

From: Jeff Sheldon (jeff_at_jurai.net)
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 12:05:22 PST

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 11:20:15AM -0800, Martin Joseph wrote:
> I remember several of my customers being MONDO PO'd because they
> couldn't use there ADB tablets at all in OSX. It didn't even recognize
> them. Even when plugged in via the imate.

It's possible that there's been an update of the software side, but I was
using this same combination under Debian Linux without any special
tweaking. The iMate simply passes the tablet info on as a mouse device
and the pen movements move the cursor on the screen. Very basic use
though (no eraser or adjustable pen buttons as far as I know). Not sure
what's changed (maybe the iMate firmware?).

-Jeff