Re: [NTLK] purchase advice pls?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 09:11:32 PST

On Mar 31, 2005, at 8:40 AM, JP wrote:

> OR get a serial cable/dongle assembly for direct to Mac comm. (This is
> the least appealing to me on general principles. Others solutions seem
> more 'elegant' to me. But, a solution is a solution..)
>
> Any feedback apprceciated...

Usually we would say you need the serial setup to get the drivers
loaded for any other setup (ie ethernet or WIFI).

However, since you have the OS9 running, IR using PB1400, perhaps you
can try using the new software based on Thomas Templeton's work?

Try Jerome's new toy here:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jerome.vernet/newton.htm

Or you can use also DIL Tester from Thomas Tempelmann:
http://www.tempel.org/newton/

Lets see if you can get packages loading this way first, and then worry
about specifics...

Marty