Re: [NTLK] [OT] Old Macs up for grabs

From: Richard Kilpatrick (dmc12_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 01:09:09 PDT

On 4 May 2005, at 02:26, Clayton Mitchell wrote:

> My university is going to be decommissioning their old computers in the
> next two weeks. I have looked at what they are getting rid of and can
> get a hold of many 7100s and 7400s with monitors, a few Classics, a
> IIci
> with monitor, and a few odd machines. I may also be able to get a few
> SCSI zip drives to go with them. I would be willing to put on a clean
> os (different ones depending on the model) and load them up with Newton
> connection software. I would be asking $20 per machine + actual
> shipping by the method of your choice. If you would want peripherals
> they can be added for a few dollars more.

If any of those "few odd machines" include an Apple Workgroup Server
95, I'll happily pay $20 for the Pisces card (SCSI, L2 Cache, DMA, PDS
card) and the 5-bay drive cage from it. I also need a bezel for a
CD-ROM drive.

I tell you what, I'd pay more than that. If anyone on the list knows of
Shreve Systems, they sell these (or did) for $99 - if you want a Quadra
950, then I'll pay the $99 for the system, you can keep the rest (which
is a perfectly functional computer, it's what I have) for free. I
really want to get my AWS95 complete!

Richard

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)