Re: [NTLK] Newton GPS prob: "GPS: 0" -----

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 06:19:11 PDT

DJ Vollkasko wrote:
> > *** How can I get the =A7$%&#!-card to activate its $%&#!-packages?
> > Or how to erase the card completely so I can try the restore again?
>
> Seems the index is frizzed, no way Newton can activate the packages and
> let me format it. But I *need* this card, don't worry about the data, I
> have a backup from Friday ;=3D} , I just have to reanimate the frizzed
> card, resp. index.
>
> So: How can I get Newton-storage card recognized in a Powerbook so I
> can completely reformat the card? Is there anywhere a tool for such
> card-formatting?

Before trying a PC or Mac, you can attempt to force the Newton to format the
card by inserting it with the Prefs panel open. This will prevent the Newton
from attempting to activate packages and instead prompt you to format the card.

After that, there are some utils on UNNA (for Windows only... sorry) for
manipulating Linear Flash cards.

http://www.unna.org/unna/windows/flash/intel/utils.exe