Re: [NTLK] OT: Apple AC Adapter Class Action

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 05:01:21 PDT

On May 20, 2005, at 12:58 AM, David Golden wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone else on the list received the legal
> notice of a pending settlement with Apple over those miserable " Yo Yo
> " AC adapters. Between my Sons and I, we have gone through six of those
<snip>

Yep, got that notice too. My first one (for my Pismo) sparked and
fried, and I got a new one, which still sparks and pops, and which
doesn't fit very snugly into the power receptacle. I looked at the law
suit and figured $35? What the hell is that going to buy me? Certainly
not a replacement adapter, which should be what Apple sends. So I'm not
sure it's worth it. I think I'll take mine into the Apple Store and see
what they say...

- Dave