Re: [NTLK] Printing woes

From: Julian Wright (julianwr_at_paradise.net.nz)
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 05:25:04 PDT

Domi wrote:

> Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:
>
> >Perhaps, with a PrintPack.
> >
> >http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIB8
>
> I installed the printpk2, and i do see the Deskjet driver

You will also need a special cable (the "PrintPack" to which Victor
refers) which has a mini-din connector on one end for the newton and a
small box with a Centronics connector for the parallel port of your
printer on the other end. This box also contains the printpak version 1
software which would be automatically installed when you first plug in
the cable to your newton. But since you already installed the version 2
software, it won't.

The cable is available from all the same places as other newton accessories.

Julian.