[NTLK] Connecting an MP110 to Windows XP

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun May 29 2005 - 17:53:25 PDT

> I'm trying to connect my Newton MP110 to my
> Windows XP machine, with no luck!
>=20
> The Newton Connection kit 2.0 refuses to install, while the version =20
> 1.0 do, but do not see the newton at all.

For a start, get slowdown.exe from www.unna.org. You might need
to start more than one instance of it to get your PC slow enough.
Be aware that NCK won't see the Newton before you connect with your
Newton serially. Try all three types of serial connections the
picker on your Newton offers. I dimly remember that the one that
has the word PC in it never worked for me.

Frank