[NTLK] VoiceMonitor 1.0 - Registered version wanted

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 12:44:36 PST

Subject: [NTLK] VoiceMonitor 1.0 - Registered version wanted
From: DJ Vollkasko <DJ_Vollkasko () gmx ! net>
Date: 2005-10-25 20:55:53

> Hello,
>
> Yos has released his app to the community (see
> http://web.archive.org/web/20010607215546/www.venus.dti.ne.jp/
> ~yos/clubnewton/VoiceMonitor/VoiceMonitor.html ), but I can't
> find that package anywhere.
>
> Does somebody have the registered version that Yos had put up
> on his website?

Dear all,

I have repeatedly asked the list about VoiceMonitor 1.0 (NOS 2.1 only) =20=

by Yos, which was released by him to the community as freeware. The =20
original link was dead, archive.org didn't have the package archived, =20=

the usual Newton archives either didn't have it or had only the =20
time-limited shareware release. Then there was nowhere a current mail =20=

address for Yos, nor did any lister reply to my query--from which I =20
wildy guessing assume that the people who could have helped might have =20=

left the list (e.g. no friends of Yos who could have put me in touch =20
with him, no developers who know him, no people who have his package, =20=

etc.) or simply couldn't care less.

But persistance persists: During my research, I found that Yos used to =20=

post his apps under the name of Club Newton. There is a Club Newton =20
website online, where a Yos posts pretty regularly (e.g. about =20
Einstein), I take this to be the same person. Fortunately, there was no =20=

mail address or contact form on that website; this would have made =20
things too easy. Oh, and of course I couldn't see a link from that page =20=

to a download page, either.
    So I did some genetic engineering with those two strains of URL-DNA: =
=20
Taking the original web page's path from Archive.org and crossing it =20
with the new Club Newton brought no immediate joy, but with a little =20
wiggling and squeezing--et voil=E1! Le success!

***Find his NOS2.0/2.1 apps all at =20
http://www.clubnewton.com:8080/newton/clubnewton/VoiceMonitor/=20
VoiceMonitor.html .***

Note that these are *freeware* and *fully registered*, so they don't =20
run out like the time-limited sharewares available elsewhere.

Daniel, you may want to take a look at your VoiceTurn ReadMe. It lists =20=

the dead link for this package (which I have already fixed in the =20
VoiceTurn-writeup on the Wiki's Audio page)--and since VoiceTurn will =20=

not work unless one has VoiceMonitor installed... (This was BTW the =20
trigger for my quest. ;=3D} )

'Kasko

P.S.: For more Japanese Newton software goodness, check the undead =20
links on this page: =20
http://www.cyborg.ne.jp/~newtonj/Signe/DataBase_2000Oct.html (e.g. one =20=

page with great medical apps; didn't somebody ask about such animals =20
fairly recently?). There are many amazing apps you'll find, I wish more =20=

of them were also available in English (e.g. the brilliant =20
TidalWave)--and I wish more of those on the dead pages were still =20
available somewhere... Hello, are there any Japanese Newton friends out =20=

there who can help us safe or even recover these things?

P.P.S.: Yos, if you should by any Newton-magic see this message, then =20=

pls. get in touch with me. Thank you!=