Re: [NTLK] SysPatch 0.5b

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 13:03:44 PST

Subject: Re: [NTLK] SysPatch 0.5b
From: Grant Hutchinson <grant () splorp ! com>
Date: 2005-10-31 15:20:12

> On Oct 29, 2005, at 7:05 AM, John Hay wrote:
>
>> Re SysPatch 0.5b, what's the bottom line, is this something I
>> should install?

Thanks for asking, John, I was asking this myself (and the list) a
couple times before, but had no luck.

> The most recent version of SysPatch is 0.6b [1]

Thanks for replying, Grant, I didn't know there was a later version
than 0.5b. Gotta change that in the Library... There, done.

> - I've had it
> installed for years (along with Heaven or Hell [2]) and rarely
> experience -10061 errors. While both of these extensions provide
> protection from the -10061 error, SysPatch also fixes a few other
> minor issues.

Like which? What does it have to do with sound functions? Richard wrote
somewhere it fixed problems with that... only: What problems?

> Victor explained this setup several years ago on the
> list. [3]
>
> [1] http://de.unna.org/unna/utilites/patches/SysPatch-0.6.pkg
> [2] http://saryo.org/basuke/heaven-or-hell/
> [3] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=99736305912857

Ah so! Okay, I'll try that. But that suggests using only Heaven or
Hell, no?

Thanks again, guys!

D.

P.S.: BTW I found something in the NTLK archive about crashes provoked
by Syspatch 0.6 when installed on a card together with HyperNewt. So
will be wise (as with all patches, fixes and smaller sized extensions)
to install to internal store.