Re: [NTLK] Can Newton access Internet via ethernet connection to my laptop PC?

From: Shawn Baker (SDelta2_at_cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sat Nov 05 2005 - 17:04:17 PST

My understanding is that only the 2x00 series of Newtons will be fast
enough for any internet connections. If you have a 2000 or 2100,
you'll be good to go. So, you actually have two options here. You
can either get an ethernet PCMCIA card -or- you can use a wifi card.
Here's a few links for you:
Ethernet
http://tinyurl.com/b22l5
Wifi
http://tinyurl.com/cytt2

Both of these links go to the WikiWikiNewt on unna.org. This wiki is
a very good resource for any questions that you may have about this.
Both options will require drivers.

Personally, I'd go for the wireless option if you can find a working
card. Why live your life by wires? Take your Newton and be free
from the bounds of RJ-45 when you could be lounging poolside with a
tall drink in your hand! I believe the pinnacle of technology is
when you're able to use it from the toilet comfortably. You'll see
that most handheld devices fit this category. :P

Shawn