[NTLK] Aluminium folding stand prototype

From: Jon Scordia (jscordia_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Nov 06 2005 - 09:14:55 PST

Ladies and Gents,

I posted a few weeks ago and raised the possibility of a portable stand=20=

for the Newton with Keyboard.

This was inspired by Adriano's excellent perspex stand prototype which=20=

I'm sure will develop into a first class Newton dock and was followed=20
by John's also excellent 'all in one' approach.

I've been approaching this from a different angle and have got as far=20
as making and testing my first useable prototype. My needs are=20
basically for a flexible desktop 'Newtontidy' for my working=20
environment.

It's posted here:

http://homepage.mac.com/jscordia/aluSTAND/Menu41.html

I would welcome your comments before I proceed to develop this idea and=20=

will continue to muck around with it until I have a well balanced model=20=

for my own use.

Especially after recent postings on USB, Bluetooth, Docking and other=20
fantastic Newton enhancements I find this list to be really positive=20
and creative. Maybe as a non-electronics guy I just want to join in?!?

However the fantasy of actually batch producing these if there was a=20
demand is always there, (I figure that material cost plus time pitch=20
them in at around =A330/$50 in low-ish quantities) and so I would =
welcome=20
an indication from anyone who would actually WANT one! (You'll have to=20=

be patient though, I am an amateur)

Comments welcome.

Regards

Jon.