Re: [NTLK] [NTLK] Newton Alu-stand pre order?

From: Norman Palardy (npalardy_at_great-white-software.com)
Date: Mon Nov 07 2005 - 08:39:06 PST

On Nov 07, 2005, at 6:34 AM, John wrote:

> Here's the plan . . . . .
>
> The "Pre-ordering" idea may be the magic to make this, or ANY other
> project(s) for that matter, take off and fly.
>
> I suggest that for the time being all inventors and producers (MUST be
> long-standing members of this List) of Newton accessories, etc.,
> simply
> take fully paid "advance orders" on line through PayPal to their email
> address, as a way to finance the production runs and for us as List
> members to acquire great new amazing Newton products.

That's actually exactly what we did with the backlights that recently
were ordered

It's a bit of work to coordinate, but we had several volunteers (one US
East, one West, one UK, and one in Aus/NZ) plus myself and we managed
to get the orders out reasonably and also got the order together fairly
quickly

Beware that PayPal charges the recipient of the funds a fee for doing
this, so if the price is $25, you have to send the receiver slightly
more than $25 so they actually get $25.