Re: [NTLK] Native installer for NCU and OS X Update

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 19:23:52 PST

on 10/11/05 20:08, James Wages at james_at_kiramek.com wrote:

> So basically, we have no consensus on this topic.
>
> Is there no brilliant programmer among us who can effectively reverse
> engineer NCU, add modern connectivity and make it run natively on OS X?
>
> I fully understand Apple will not help in this effort, but does that mean it
> is impossible?
>
> Where there's a will, there's a way! I'm simply curious if that "will"
> exists. :-)
>
> --James Wages

Paul Guyot did much of the work with the Desktop Connection Library (DCL)
<http://www.kallisys.com/newton/dcl/>. However, I think there are still some
bugs here and there and the last update was from August 2004, over a year
ago...

-Laurent.

gnarly: /nar'lee/ adj. Both obscure and hairy (sense 1). "Yow! -- the tuned
assembler implementation of BitBlt is really gnarly!" From a similar but
less specific usage in surfer slang.