Re: [NTLK] Native installer for NCU and OS X Update

From: SbM (sbm_newtontalk_at_yahoo.fr)
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 03:38:46 PST

Le 12 nov. 2005 =E0 9:00, Martin Joseph a =E9crit :

> On Nov 10, 2005, at 5:08 PM, James Wages wrote:
>
>> So basically, we have no consensus on this topic.
>>
>> Is there no brilliant programmer among us who can effectively reverse
>> engineer NCU, add modern connectivity and make it run natively on =20
>> OS X?
> Paul Guyot already did a lot of the ground work for this and open
> sourced it in the DCL project. Escale is not complete, it's just a
> proof of concept really,

I don't think so : it works fine here (at least for installing =20
packages and browsing the desktop's HD from the Newton. I didn't try =20
the keyboard or syncing features).

--=20
SbM
Newton MessagePad OMP, 120 FR, 130, 2000 & 2100
<http://sbm.ordinotheque.free.fr>