[NTLK] Bluetooth unhappiness: Any advice?

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 13:34:17 PST

Dear NTLK, dear Eckhart--

I'm having problems with transferring files from my PowerBook via
Bluetooth to my Newton recently. Up to know, I've been able to mark
several packages, drag them to the desktop computer's Bluetooth
Transfer icon, hit enter, open InOut on the Newton and tap BTObex, and
then the transfer would just play. Sweet, and I could transfer a batch
of files this way, even containing files of 2 MB and more.

Recently, this is not working any more. I'm transferring (or trying to
transfer) several items in a batch. The first will show up in the In
box, then the next will transfer nearly completely, but before it is
shown in the In box, the whole thing aborts on my Newton. The error
message tells me there is no sufficient memory either on internal store
or the card I'm installing to (well, but THERE IS! On both! PLENTY!).
     And since a few days, this doesn't even work with single files
anymore. I've just tried a package of 1,2 MB, which transferred nearly
completely, and then the transfer went b0rk again.

My joy in this technology is temporarily diminished, and I don't know
of anything that I've changed on my setup that could have changed the
perfectly brilliant performance to d'oh. Surely no fault of the
hardware and drivers (Blunt and CardBluesSuite), but what then?

Any advice? Any kind words? Hello?

D. Vollkasko