Re: [NTLK] eMate 300 Battery Charge Question

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Oct 06 2005 - 10:00:49 PDT

On Oct 6, 2005, at 6:56 AM, John Hay wrote:
<snip>
> Problem is, the old black stock battery that arrived in the eMate will
> not hold any charge whatsoever, nor will another "spare" green eMate
> "new" battery I got on eBay from a different Seller, all sealed up in
> it's new box, either hold a charge, even if I let either of them charge
> over night. As soon as I unplug the external power and then hit the
> power switch on the eMate to boot it on, nothing.
>
> Probably BOTH of these batteries are so long in the tooth that neither
> is going to do anything regardless of what I do<snip>

This doesn't sound right to me. I don't think the batteries are your
(only) problem. Normally even a very sad tired old battery will
startup and run the emate for a bit... This sounds more like they
either aren't charging, or there is something wrong with the emate's
circuitry for the battery.

Adding a battery utility like Nicks Battmon or another that actually
shows you if the batteries are charging might be a good start.

Your power adapter is fine.
Marty