Re: [NTLK] eMate 300 Battery Charge Question

From: Mark O'Neil (mark.oneil_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Oct 07 2005 - 05:07:19 PDT

On Oct 6, 2005, John Hay wrote:

> Just experimenting with an eMate I picked up on eBay a few days ago,
> along with a "new" 1997 eMate battery.
>
> Any other suggestions? Next thing I'd check would be to pop out the
> battery from the eMate and put a voltmeter on the battery plug in the
> eMate's logic board to see if it's putting out power to the batteries.
>
> TIA, John

Hi John,

I too have recently purchased a couple eMates on eBay. The batteries
would not initially hold a charge as you state, but in my case after
leaving them on the chargers and once per day running them until they
shut off I am now able to run them for almost a couple hours with the
backlight on - not stellar by any means but pretty fair for the age
of the batteries IMHO. This process took three evenings with one and
a week with another. Your mileage may vary.

Also if you are at all handy with a soldering iron these batteries
can be rebuilt easily enough - there are a few instructional websites
out there.

Also you might check to see if a charge is getting to the batteries.

-m