Re: [NTLK] Anyone out there printing to a network?

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 01:05:20 PDT

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:52 AM, "Matt Howe" <matthowe_at_comcast.net> wrote:

> Can you give me some details on how that is configured in your
> Newton? I
> believe there is an AppleTalk driver for XP. But at least I have
> something
> to start with. Thanks.

Sure, although nothing really needs to be configured.

If I have an open note that I want to print, I tap the little
"envelope" routing menu and select "Print Note".

On the routing slip that opens, I tap where it says "Printer" in the
middle and I select "Choose Network Laserwriter".

This causes the Newton to open a box on the screen and use the
Newton's network connection (via wired ethernet or wireless) to poll
the Appletalk network to look for printers.

Any printer that you have on your network shared as an Appletalk
Postscript printer will show up!

I am putting a webpage up for you describing this here...

http://macout.dyndns.org/newtonian/