Re: [NTLK] Making some noise (recording and playback)

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 18:56:24 PDT

On Oct 26, 2005, at 6:13 PM, mkow1234_at_aol.com wrote:

> Why don't more folks take advantage of the Mad Max application and=20
> convert .mp3 sound bytes or copyright free stuff to the Newton .pkg=20
> format? It is very likely many of these folks are still using pre-MP=20=

> 2100 Newtons. No problem. There's STILL a way for these folks to get=20=

> in on the act.

I can't speak for others, but it's too much of a hassle for me. For=20
one, Mad Max never worked too well on my Newton. It kept freezing on a=20=

couple complicated songs, but beyond that, re-encoding song files small=20=

enough, and then, when I upgraded iTunes, I lost my ability to simply=20
import songs, and just don't have the time to deal with these things.=20
So.... when I had a chance to restore to a new 32meg card, I simply=20
left that stuff off, as I had stopped using it in the first place. Oh,=20=

and it sounds rather cruddy without headphones, and I had gotten rid of=20=

my audio dongle in any case..... so, none of these things interest me.=20=

sorry....
--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"If your pictures aren=92t good enough, you=92re not close enough." - =20=

Photojournalist Robert Capa