[NTLK] .... a few more great links, and that's it. Over and out.

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 07:13:57 PDT

Brian,

Just to follow up even more, in the good faith effort of simply
"cutting down" on your, and all the other, basic "how to -- getting
started" questions, of course at the bottom of every List post are
best links to start out your on-line learning and educational
experience. Use these links first to read, read, and read. Then
experiment to the best of your abilities to get up and running. Like
everything in life it's hard until you do it, then it becomes second
nature.

Based on the List footer links, which you and I and all newbies
should be utilizing, they will take you ultimately to just about all
the information you could possibly need if you go on your own at your
own pace. Case in point would be the amazing knowledge base of
information at the NewtonList http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/ main
page, from which you can drill down to the search page at http://marc.
10east.com/?l=newtontalk&r=1&w=2 to cull through a wealth of
information, from the basics to the most advanced topics.

Also, take the time to read about the well documented List Etiquette
for this List at http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html to help avoid
wasting bandwidth as I suppose I am now doing, I plead guilty, but do
so simply in the hopes that based on my own experience I now realize
I should probably have avoided posting my simplistic "getting
started" questions to the List and should have struggled more on my
own as it s a learning process and through the journey is how we learn.

I fully understand that in the heat of the moment, in the excitement
and exasperation a newbie experiences just trying to set up their new
Newton for the first time it's only natural to cry out for help.
Unfortunately, as I am guilty, I probably should have stuck it out
longer on my own and read and researched even more than I did over
the last several weeks getting aquatinted with my new Newton as I
fully understand that in the beginning everything is a giant maze and
even the most basic information can be elusive.

Again, for anyone needing BASIC information I suggest consulting all
of the links I have posted today and doing our homework before we cry
out to the seasoned members of the wonderful NewtonTalk list with our
simplistic fundamental questions. I hope that in presenting my
perspective from my experiences as a newbie I have not FURTHER
infuriated the long-standing and helpful members of the LIst. It's
easy to forget how we all learned to walk once we learn to run.

John
OceanCity_at_mac.com