[NTLK] List Etiquitte Questions and NewtonNewbieTalk List

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 07:23:49 PDT

After culling through the NewtonTalk.net "List FAQ/Etiquette" page
and reading I think everything there pertaining to proper posting, I
don't seem to have seen anything about the "preferred" method of
posting "replies", top vs. bottom posting. In other words, when
replying to a post, should the new text be positioned "before" or
"after" the existing reference clip?

Also, I note that some of the list posts have gone through some kind
of a translation process whereby what appear to possibly be "high-
ascii" characters such as paragraphs, lines, question marks, quote
marks, or the like, seem to end up as "equals" signs followed by more
characters. Whey does this happen when one views posts on a desktop
mail reader such as Apple's mail.app and is it necessary for some
reason ?

Should there be, or was there ever discussion of, a separate
"NewbieNewtonTalk" List for those getting started with their Newtons
vs. the higher level discussions ?