Re: [NTLK] Subject: Re: Cracked u2100 case: No battery conne

From: Marco Mailand (marco.mailand_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 00:11:59 PDT

> If
> I press the end of the battery and the side of the Newton I can get a
> current. Sometimes I can get it to see the battery if the back of the
> Newton is off and the battery is slid in.
> Wacky!
I had exactly this behaviour with a partially damaged accu case. After
dropping a MP2k onto the floor the accu was released by the hit. Not
only that it came off the Newton but the small wedge shaped teeth,
which is holding the accu inside the Newton has been deformed. Its
edge was now rounded and let about 1mm more space than before, which
was enough to cause an unreliable contact, like you described. I tried
to form it back by applied cold force and it works since then. You
might be successfull with that too if all material of the wedge shaped
teeth has been left and the deformation was not to heavy. If the teeth
has been destroyed, which normally implies that the accu or battery
tray will not remain inserted, you'll have to rebuild it - good luck
with that, but nothing is impossible ;-)

Marco