Re: [NTLK] Subject: Re: Cracked u2100 case: No battery conne

From: Frederick Bauman (fbauman_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 06:34:56 PDT

>> I had exactly this behaviour with a partially damaged accu case.
>> After
>> dropping a MP2k onto the floor the accu was released by the hit. Not
>> only that it came off the Newton but the small wedge shaped teeth,
I can't find any visible damage to the battery pack other than the
rebuild work was a little rough.

>> which is holding the accu inside the Newton has been deformed. Its
>> edge was now rounded and let about 1mm more space than before, which
>> was enough to cause an unreliable contact, like you described.
Can you describe more throughly which part this is?

>> I tried
>> to form it back by applied cold force and it works since then.
I'm not sure where the problem is coming from. If I had another
battery pack to test I could eliminate it as a problem as I can't
confirm myself where the problem lies.