[NTLK] Argh! Screen breakage...

From: Michael C. Wittmann (mwittmann_at_maine.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 21:27:49 PDT

Damn. It had to happen. I've had this machine for 8 some years and it
fell today in just such a way as to shatter the screen. Looks kind of
pretty under the screen protector. Sigh. Thank god I have a spare
sitting at home - and I've just ordered spare for my spare off eBay.
It's a 2000, but I can move the ROM from the 2100 that broke into the
2000 that didn't. I've done the job once before (great online help,
Danke sehr, Frank Gruendel).

When I go into work tomorrow, I'll have access to the backup that I
made only a day before. Still, I'd like to be able to get information
OFF my machine with the broken screen. For the life of me, I can't
recall the emergency package I can put on a card to force a backup
when the card is inserted. If someone could help on that and have an
answer to me within 8 hours (which is when I'll be at work, egad),
I'd appreciate it. It's the Notes and Blueprint projects (total time,
roughly 3 hours of work since backing up), plus the Dates. My god, I
had no idea what I was supposed to be doing, all day long. I offload
my brain onto my Newton. I suppose I'm not alone.

Michael