[NTLK] 1984.pkg

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Sep 17 2005 - 05:48:00 PDT

I found a package on one of the original boxed CD's that shipped with
the production Newtons in the late '90's called 1984.pkg. It's 2.4MB
according to the Finder on my PowerMac, with a modified date of
10/28,2000 at 6:27AM. No doubt, I'm hoping, it's a running version of
the famed 1984 Superbowl ad in some form which will play on the Newton.

I tried installing it, using NewtTen, which has always installed every
other item flawlessly for me from my PowerMac to my 2000. So I tried
installing the 1984.pkg to the 10MB FlashCard using NewtTen and it took
about 10 minutes or so but appeared to have worked. Now however I'm
looking on my Newton under the 10MB card in All Icons and All Stores,
and just the 10 MEG card Storage and All Icons, but see no sing of the
1984.pgk anywhere!

If the install "worked" then the 1984.pkg has to show up "somewhere",
right? Or is it possible the file is "hidden" somehow?

Next, I'll try installing the same 1984.pkg again to a different
FlashCard, a blank 4MB FlashCard and see what gives.

Any ideas on what's going on here?

Also, if anyone want's a copy of the 1984.pkg I can post it to one of my
servers for download.

John