[NTLK] LapStand

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 05:54:57 PDT

I made it out of that composit solid core plasticy stuff that all the
building contractors are using these days that comes in white, needs no
painting, and can be cut like wood on a table saw, etc. I don't know the
exact brand name but any professional lumber supply would have it in 4 x
8 foot sheets, around $50 bucks as I remember. You can use it to build
anything you want.

Anyone in the house construction business would know the name right
away. If you still can't find it email me again at OceanCity_at_mac.com
and I'll make a few phone calls to find out.

As for the dimensions they can be what ever you want, none of the sizes
are critical as the bottom part simply needs to fit comfortably on your
lap, and the back piece simply needs to be tall enough to hold the
Newton. The angle I cut the back pieces edge at ended up for me to be
45 degrees. I then glued the two pieces toether using the special secret
glue that you get wherever you get the material itself at the lumber
yard.Hay I named it in my prior post, I forget now what it was called.

John

9/21/05 Jon Glass issued the following and I have taken literary
license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?