Re: [NTLK] Getting text off an eMate

From: Michael C. Wittmann (mwittmann_at_maine.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 06:31:36 PDT

Hello, Andrew and Andreas,

A quick clarification to one comment, and a question:

> 2) Mail the .nwt file to your desktop Mac, and use the Newton Works
> Converter (on a Mac running OS 7, 8 or 9 or Classic, didn't test the
> latter yet) to convert them from .nwt to rtf.

Question: Where does one get the Newton Works Converter? I have never
heard of it. Time to search UNNA...

> 4) Use NCU (on a Mac running OS 7, 8 or 9 or Classic) to retrieve your
> text in the rtf format (you'll lose graphics, though)

Clarification: I have never lost graphics along the way - well, uh,
actually, I'm thinking of graphics in Notes when I do an .rtf backup
of Notes. I seem to recall getting Works graphics out, as well. I
haven't used Works in ages (I can't stand the Newton keyboard feel,
sound, and size), but I'm pretty sure in the past it kept the graphics.

Michael Wittmann