Re: [NTLK] turning the rumor mill

From: Norman Palardy (npalardy_at_great-white-software.com)
Date: Fri Sep 23 2005 - 13:40:07 PDT

On Sep 23, 2005, at 2:07 PM, Thomas Isenbarger wrote:

> I picked this up from macosrumors today:
>
> "The iPod Shuffle began the Flash Memory revolution at Apple, and the
> iPod Nano has displayed its full flower; but there is a lot more to
> come -- the revolution will extend far beyond iPods and similar
> digital lifestyle devices currently in development at Apple. The big
> leap will come when Flash and other RAM-based storage is introduced
> to the Mac platform...."
>
> "Imagine a "Mac Nano" or a "NanoBook." Significantly smaller than
> today's equivalents, and with significantly faster storage
> performance. That is precisely the kind of thing that we're hearing
> about from Apple's deepest and darkest R&D circles, and we'll be
> reporting on it further in the days to come -- so stay tuned!"

A flash based Newton with the form factor of a Nano would be darned
near perfect
Small, light, fast, and useful !

The current Newton form factor is both a blessing and a curse
Large enough to read a book or manual on (try that with a Treo or Palm
... ick)
But, also a tad too large to fit your pocket