Re: [NTLK] Backlight quality

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Dec 31 1969 - 16:06:14 PST

On Sep 25, 2005, at 12:44 PM, Andy Hill wrote:

> This may be difficult to answer, but I'll ask all the same. The
> backlight on my MP2000 seems dull to me. However having never seen
> another one or know of anyone who has one with which I could compare,
> I'm not sure if its on its way out or if my expectations are too high?
> Are they any clues to backlight quality?
If it lights up it's probably ok... This is primarily for low light
usage (ie dark). It's of course hard to say without looking, but the
Newton backlight was never very bright at best. We do get great battery
life though...

> Also why on this list do people right their email addresses as andy dot
> hill at nerdshack dot com, instead of the more common way?

It's a very bad idea to ever expose your email address as plain text
somewhere it can be harvested for spammers. If you are referring to
the archive, I think it automatically takes this precaution.

Marty