Re: [NTLK] Newton Manual as Book

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 04:04:33 PDT

Get it here:
http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/documentation/2x00/NewtonBook/MP2100%
20Owners%20Manual%20(Text%20Only).PKG
You'll probably have to reassemble the URL if it gets wrapped and wrecked.
..... or just go here, same place:
http://tinyurl.com/amyab

Using Safari and FireFox both forced the link to download as text and
simply filled the brewer's screen with garbled text. Could not find a
way in either of these browser's to prevent the "helpers" from "helping".

So then I tried Opra, and in Opra was able easily configure it to force
the link to download "to disk" and it worked this way coming through as
a binary file to my desktop. I then used NewTen to install the 2100.pkg
to my Newton Flash card. My Newton 2100 was set to boot into Landscape
mode which I normally use. Launching the 2100 manual resulted in "book
won't fit" on the screen or something like that, so then I rotated my
Newton to Portrait mode, tried launching the manual again AND IT WORKED.
There's also a auto screen rotater .pkg.

9/27/05 DJ Vollkasko issued the following and I have taken literary
license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?