Re: [NTLK] Recommend a File Manger for my Newton?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 10:27:58 PDT

John Hay wrote:
> Can someone recommend a good File Manger for my Newton?
>
> I checked on UNNA but did not see anything there, although maybe I
> missed something.
>
> I a really need is a Newton package whereby I can "see" on the Newton
> screen the names, dates, and file sizes of the files stored internally
> as well as on any cards in the slots. Additionally if I were able to
> rename, delete, drag and drop, etc. this would be Hollywood ;-)

Newton doesn't have files, why do you need a file manager?

First of all, you can't rename packages or soups, period.

Second, Extras does most or all of what you describe. If you tap the Overview
button in Extras you will see the list view which shows you the name and size
of the package / soup. You can file packages into different folders by
selecting them and using the routing button.

If you want more information about an installed package, you can install a
small extension that will provide you with more information - see this FAQ topic:

http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-nos.html#IIIB6