Re: [NTLK] Re(2): [OT] OQO releases new yummy handheld

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 14:47:20 PDT

Richard Clark wrote:
> well even if it is windows it is one cool device, One of the
> developers was from Apple, if i had the cash i'd buy one right away
> especially since there is OS X running around that will run on intel.
> And you could use inkwell with it also i think.
> That said if anybody wants to buy me one i'll give ya all my newtons,
> Psions, and accessories for it :)

Got all those. The next gizmos I'll buy will be a couple of those nice
Nokia 770s.

My Newtons are now doing end-of-life duties as bookreaders and/or
telephone notepads. It's sad the Newton has this arcane,
connect-to-nothing filesystem, otherwise they would be welcome in my
new, yet to be established, home network.

The plan is to buy one of those Asus WiFi hard disks as central storage
for a fleet of Nokias that will be in permanent orbits in the house and
garden. Unfortunately, Newtons will not interface with that hard disk
(as the poor things have no clue of what FAT is), so their future as
networked devices is rather bleak.

Still, I'm not selling them!

Karel Jansens