[NTLK] Major Accomplishments of the Newton Community

From: Apostolos Koutropoulos <der_admiral_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Apr 05 2006 - 10:50:08 EDT

Hi everyone!
I am writing a paper for one of my classes regarding "Knowledge Management"
(specifically communities of practice), and I wanted to use the newton
community as an example of a very successful group. The fact that we still
use our newtons, and continually make them utilize technology that was not
even invented at the time that the newton was selling on store shelves makes
the newton community a very successful group - something that we cannot say
about other "PDAs" of its time such as the Magic Link.

Beyond Einsten, Blunt, the WiFi drivers, serial-USB and other hardware, and
the continuous development of applications for the newton, is there a list
of accomplishments that I could use as prime examples of the community's
overwhelming success? - this would be hardware and software related.

My professor does not know much about the newton, other than "it was a
failed endeavor by Apple" and I wish to teach the teacher something he does
not know.

Thanks in advance!
AK

Technology geek