Re: [NTLK] Major Accomplishments of the Newton Community

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Apr 05 2006 - 10:22:42 EDT

Another laurel to lay at Paul Guyot's feet, the fact he was able to create a
patch, in Apple's format to their operating system. I think this is a great
example of how the Newton is alive and thriving. Also the backlight project
to manufacture new brighter replacement backlights.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe@comcast.net
mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41

Apostolos Koutropoulos wrote:
<snip>
Beyond Einsten, Blunt, the WiFi drivers, serial-USB and other hardware, and
the continuous development of applications for the newton, is there a list
of accomplishments that I could use as prime examples of the community's
overwhelming success? - this would be hardware and software related.
<snip>