Re: [NTLK] Newton book part specification

From: Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 07:11:40 EDT

I would definitely use this app.

I've got a Color Classic that I occasionally get online if I need to
bootstrap something Newton related, but I've stayed away from
bookmaking as the software was never that stable, and it's just too
much work to prepare things on the Mac OS X side, get it over to my
Color Classic, and _then_ try to prepare the book.

Also, such an application could provide PDF conversion features as
well (although even copy and paste on Mac OS X would be an
_excellent_ first step).

Being able to read Newton Books on Mac OS X wouldn't hurt either. And
once the spec is determined, my guess is it wouldn't take someone all
that long to create a Spotlight plug-in to allow indexing of Newton
Book packages.

Anyway, getting ahead of myself here.

Sincerely,

Morgan Aldridge