[NTLK] Connecting to Cingular wireless

From: Clayton Fixsen <cfixsen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Apr 22 2006 - 14:55:14 EDT

So...I just finally got the nerve to get a bluetooth card for the newton,
and installed all the required packages from 40hz.org to enable me to
attempt to use it with my Treo to connect to the internet (via bluetooth
dial-up networking). I followed the directions at
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/BlueTooth

and actually have been MOSTLY successful. it loads the drivers, dials,
connects (i've got the script spy on), but never actually finishes the
connection, just gives me the error

"Problem connecting. PPP Negotiation failed. Check the currently selected
PPP configuration and IP address settings."

I've checked all of the GPRS connection settings:
Protocol: PPP
Configuration: Server
UserID: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
password: CINGULAR1
primary DNS (actually, I've left this blank and tried others, can's seem to
find the correct DNS address for cingular maybe?)
domain name: wap.cingular (also tried it blank)

Login Script:
send ATDT*99***2#
Send ||P
wait for CONNECT

Logout Script:
send ATH0
send ||P

I'm led to believe that something in the user and password might be wrong,
or one of the other connection parameters, since it's actually connecting
and getting a response from the server, but once the login script is
successful, I can't see what else it is doing.

Does anyone have any experience with this setup and might be able to offer
any advice one what I'm doing wrong? If so, thanks in advance.
 -Clayton