Re: [NTLK] A day in the life

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sun Apr 23 2006 - 11:29:09 EDT

James Fraser wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Ian R. Campbell <iantm_at_mac.com> wrote:
>
>> My messagepad 130 served as an incredibly versatile note taking device
>
> Is anyone else out there using a 130 as a day-to-day Newton? I guess I'm
> looking for additional "positive reinforcement."
>
> What I mean is: I favor the 130 for the more robust build quality (my
> perception) and the fact that backup/replacement units can be had at
> relatively low cost compared to the 2x00 Newtons.

Well I am sure you will love a 2000. And get a 2100, there is just so
much of a advantage to having more heap and not freezing packages all
the time.

I use my 120 and 130 for different things. I often grab one to make
notes where I don't want to take my 2100 due to size or other
constrains, then beam them to my 2100 later. I prefer my 120 as a book
reader (easier to hold for long periods of time and the screen is better
as long as you have good light), but I often end up using my 2100 as I
end up only reading a little bit here and there. But if I do any
serious reading I use my 120 and I since I create all my books in
classic format I can easily go the page I was at on my 2100 and not have
to do any searching to find my place.

They are also handy in case I have any sort of hardware fault with my
2100 they can serve as backups. The only apps I use that I don't have
on available on my 120 or 130 is Newtworks. But I export them on a
normal basis (with my normal backups). Yes I know another 2100 would be
a better backup solution, and one of these days I will get one, once I
find it in good condition for a reasonable price. I usually see them
pretty beat up in the price range I want...and since I still have a 2100
that is fine, it keeps getting put on the back burner.

So in short my 120 and 130 still see use but my 2100 is my "main" Newt.

-DB