Re: [NTLK] Installing PKG's via Bluetooth

From: Steven Frank <stevenf_at_panic.com>
Date: Fri Apr 28 2006 - 13:40:45 EDT

On Apr 27, 2006, at 8:11 PM, Tony Kan wrote:

> Just bear with me but on the PC side the most logical service to
> use appears
> to be the "push object" service but this only supports vCards,
> calendars,
> notes and messages according to the documentation. This is the
> closest thing
> to having a "transmit" facility. The next most likely candidate is
> the
> "file transfer" service but it talks about ftp and sharing folders.

It's definitely ObEx and not FTP, but I don't have a Windows box
handy to tell you what to look for.

I remember seeing something like a "My Bluetooth Neighborhood" that
showed icons for all paired devices... Can you maybe drag a .pkg
file onto the icon for the Newton?

Steven
http://panic.com/
http://stevenf.com/