Re: [NTLK] Fighting Complacency within the Newton Community

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Aug 01 2006 - 17:16:21 EDT

On 8/1/06, Frank Gruendel <newtontalk@pda-soft.de> wrote:
> Most people here have a rough
> idea of who I am. For those who don't: I'm inclined to think that Jon is
> wrong
> when he says that he might be the member who is on this list longest. It
> might well
> be that this member is myself. I subscribed to this list when a Mac II
> was state of
> the art and a Mac IIx hadn't even been thought of. eBay had not yet been
> invented.

Hm. I believe you may have beaten me then. I joined when my Performa
600 was quite new to me, but it was already on the way out, having
been replaced by the Quadra line--long after the IIx.... But still,
Netscape 1.1 was the thing. I remember using Compuserve to connect
with it--horrible stuff! Crashed all the time. ;-)

> I even remember Jason Kulas...

LOL! Who could forget him!

ooW may still be around. He dates to those days as well, I think. What
about Robert Benschop? He disappeared at some point...

> The fact that there's a spanish version of my site under way is only
> possible because a list
> member who you probably haven't even heard of is willing to spend an
> amazing amount of
> his time on translating it.

Daniel P.? Is he still around? wow.... I need to get to bed, and get
some sleep!!!

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland