Re: [NTLK] connecting my Newton to my OSX mac

From: Matthew Reidsma <mreidsma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Aug 03 2006 - 16:08:26 EDT

Thomas,

There are a few things you might try:

The Newton will not see your computers unless a Newton connection
application is running on your desktop. In OSX you can run Newten (for
package install) or Escale (for Packages and keyboard use). If you
have Classic you can run Newton Connection Utilities (NCU). Start the
desktop software BEFORE you try to connect the Newton. Also, Appletalk
will not pass through your USB/serial adapter, so you need to select
the "Serial" option on both the Newton and whatever application you
are running.

Here are links to the apps:

NCU: http://tinyurl.com/45ps8

Escale:http://www.kallisys.com/newton/dcl/