Re: [NTLK] Going for a Newton

From: Roman Pixell [GMail] <roman.pixell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 04 2006 - 17:42:46 EDT

On 4 aug 2006, at 22.35, Seb Payne wrote:

> My main concern is that it is will be too big - I'm only a teenager
> so I
> don't want to go around carrying something that is gonna make me
> look stupid
> :-)

BTW, i would stick the newt in my shirt pocket either.

im using a camelback MULE wherever i go. in the MULE, a bunch of A4/
letter notepads, the newt and the kbd fits very well, still youll
have room for 1.5 litres of liquid in the water bag and carry many
other things. theres a built-in ipod pouch there as well. i use the
MULE even when im not biking, and i got the kit for 60 USD at ebay,
arguably my best ebay purchase so far, and ive been there since the
start :)

and another thing: the size of the newt is argued to be (too) big,
but the fact that the screen is so large, makes it more useful for
writing longer texts, both with the pen and the kbd. id never attempt
to write on the N80 or any other cell phone, and i really dont like
the palm as a writing device - its small, but useless.

ive used the newt during my master studies and the beauty of it is
that i still can access every single note wherever i go. its simply
fantastic - pics, graphs, texts, everything - just like i wrote those
notes many years ago. and i can print them to my PS laser over WLAN
any time if i like too.

for studies, however, the main drawback in my opinion is the lack of
MS word and adobe PDF files. you cannot open those from the email
app, they have to be downloaded and converted on the desktop side
first. considering those two standards are so important, it is the
most serious flaw today.

/ ®