Re: [NTLK] PMCIA Flash Memory Card Drivers

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt <Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon Aug 07 2006 - 17:19:16 EDT

At 22:44 07.08.2006, you wrote:
>Hello all. Newt noob here,( it just arrived in the
>mail today)!

Congrats!

>Does anyone know if there any drivers for Newton Memory cards so that
>windows can communicate? It seems like this would be a
>good way to get a comm package onto the Newt.

No, you won't be able to do it like this. Windows and Newton OS
simply don't talk that way. You will have to approach that bootstrap issue
differently (there are preloaded cards around in the community which help you
doing so). After that, you have a whole host of options. I recommend
the ethernet/Basilisk/NCU solution for XP users:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=112245297120000&w=2

Best,

Marcus

http://www.cityinfonetz.de/homepages/hammerschmitt/high.html